Nextdoor is the private social network for you, your neighbors and your community that is available to Oakley residents. It’s the easiest way for you and your neighbors to talk online and make all of your lives better in the real world. And it’s free.
Thousands of neighborhoods are already using Nextdoor to build happier, safer places to call home.
People are using Nextdoor to:
- Quickly get the word out about a break-in
- Organize a Neighborhood Watch Group
- Track down a trustworthy babysitter
- Find out who does the best paint job in town
- Ask for help keeping an eye out for a lost dog
- Find a new home for an outgrown bike
- Finally call that nice man down the street by his first name
Nextdoor’s mission is to bring back a sense of community to the neighborhood, one of the most important communities in each of our lives.
Based in San Francisco, California, Nextdoor was founded in 2010 and is funded by Benchmark Capital, Greylock Partners and Shasta Ventures.
Halloween is the quintessential neighborhood holiday – it is the perfect time to connect with your neighbors while trick-or-treating and rediscover what you love about where you live. To celebrate the most neighborly holiday of the year, Nextdoor just launched a Halloween Treat Map to give you an insider’s guide to the best streets for treats in your neighborhood.
Nextdoor’s Halloween Treat Map lets you mark your home with a candy corn icon to let your neighborhood know you will be giving out candy. We are taking the guesswork and aimless wandering out of Halloween to ensure you find the best, most convenient route possible for your trick-or-treaters, whether you’re on your computer or headed out into the neighborhood with Nextdoor for iPhone.
Follow these simple steps to use the Treat Map:
- Sign in to your account. If you are not yet a member, you can sign up and verify your address to ensure you don’t miss out: www.nextdoor.com/treat.
- Once signed in, visit your neighborhood map. Above your address parcel you will be given the choice to plot a candy corn icon on top of your home. If you live in or plan to visit a multi-tenant building, just click on the parcel to see the details of who will be participating in that building.
- Encourage your neighbors to place a candy corn on the map so you’ll know who exactly is participating.
This is just one of many ways we are leveraging the power of technology to bring you closer to the people who live right next door. We hope you have a very happy and safe Halloween!