To help preserve our neighborhoods, the City has established certain municipal codes. Codes are basically a set of guidelines adopted by the City for maintaining properties in order to ensure our neighborhoods are safe and attractive. Many citizens may not be aware of these municipal codes. Therefore, listed below are a few of the more common violations not permitted under City Codes.
- Trash, Recycle, and Green Waste Cans: Must be removed from public view with 24 hours after pickup. (Please place cans behind your fence – yes, really!)
- Vehicle Parking: (Boats & Trailers Included) can be parked ONLY on improved surfaces – not on dirt or grass.
- Basketball Hoops: Not permitted on any street or sidewalk. These are a safety hazard.
- Inoperable or Unregistered Vehicles: Remove from public view. (Unregistered vehicles are considered inoperable).
- Weeds: Weeds and dead brush must be removed or cut to ground level.
- Garage Sale Signs: Not permitted on any public property or signage (sidewalks, traffic signal poles, City roadway signs, landscape medians, etc.).
Take a look at YOUR property. Make sure you don’t have any hazards or potential violations such as weeds, garbage, junk or debris. Your responsibilities extend from your front yard to the center of the street.
Code Enforcement Staff are conducting proactive enforcement visits throughout the City, please help us keep Oakley beautiful! If you have any questions or concerns, we can be contacted at (925) 625-7031 or via the web at www.ci.oakley.ca.us.