A FasTrak® or FasTrak® Flex toll tag is required to use the lanes.
The new I-580 Express Lanes along the Tri-Valley corridor through Dublin, Pleasanton and Livermore are in the final testing phase and the lanes are scheduled to open in mid-February. The exact date is weather dependent – stay tuned! Now is the time to get your FasTrak or FasTrak Flex toll tag so you have the choice to use the lanes. Get your FasTrak Flex toll tag today!
Here’s what you need to know about the I-580 Express Lanes:
- All drivers will need a FasTrak® or FasTrak® Flex toll tag and valid FasTrak account to use the lanes.
- The Express Lanes will be toll-free for carpools, vanpools, eligible clean-air vehicles, buses and motorcycles with a FasTrak Flex toll tag, a new type of FasTrak tag available online and at Safeway, Costco and Walgreens stores in the Tri-Valley area.
- Solo drivers will have the option of paying to use the Express Lanes using a standard FasTrak or FasTrak Flex toll tag.
- The Express Lanes will look and feel like carpool lanes, allowing motorists to enter and exit almost anywhere along the corridor. Note: for access to the I-680 exit when driving in the westbound express lane, exit the express lane near Hacienda.
- The Express Lanes will operate Monday through Friday, from 5:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Outside of these hours, the Express Lanes will be open to all vehicles at no charge and with no toll-tag requirements.
- Express Lanes benefit all motorists by making all lanes more efficient.
Watch the I-580 Express Lanes video to learn how to use the lanes.
For additional information, including fact sheets and FAQs visit http://www.alamedactc.org/580express
Need help finding a carpool to use the lanes for free (it only takes 2 to carpool): visit http://www.rideshare.511.org/