The City of Oakley will conduct its next General Municipal Election on Tuesday, November 8, 2016 for three (3) members of the City Council to be elected at-large for full, four-year terms. Residents are encouraged to vote.
To find out if you are registered to vote, please visit http://www.cocovote.us and click “Voter Registration”, then click “Am I Registered?”, complete the required questions, and click “Search”. You may also contact the County Registrar’s Office at 925-335-7800.
You can register to vote if you…
- are a citizen of the United States AND
- are a resident of the State of California AND
- are 18 years of age by the day of the election AND
- are not in prison or on parole for the conviction of a felony.
You need to re-register to vote if you…
- have moved since the last election OR
- have changed your name since the last election OR
- want to change your political party affiliation
Voter registration forms are typically available at Oakley City Hall, the Oakley Library, the Oakley Post Office, Contra Costa County Elections Department and DMV Branches.
If you need information on registering to vote or on absentee ballot regulations, please contact the County Registrar’s Office at 925-335-7800.