The I-580 Express Lanes will open tomorrow and Monday, giving drivers a new choice for traveling on I-580 through Dublin, Pleasanton and Livermore.
The two eastbound express lanes are scheduled to open on Friday, February 19 at 5 a.m., and the westbound express lane is scheduled to open on Monday, February 22 at 5 a.m.
Get your FasTrak toll tag today so that you can use the eastbound lanes starting tomorrow and the westbound lane beginning on Monday!
Here’s what you need to know about the I-580 Express Lanes:
- All drivers will need a FasTrak® or FasTrak® Flex toll tag and valid FasTrak account to use the lanes.
- The Express Lanes will be toll-free for carpools, vanpools, eligible clean-air vehicles, buses and motorcycles with a FasTrak Flex toll tag,available online and at Safeway, Costco and Walgreens stores in the Tri-Valley area.
- Solo drivers will have the option of paying to use the Express Lanes using a standard FasTrak or FasTrak Flex toll tag set to 1.
- The Express Lanes will look and feel like carpool lanes, allowing motorists to enter and exit almost anywhere along the corridor. Note: for access to the I-680 exit when driving in the westbound express lane, exit the express lane before Hacienda.
- The Express Lanes will operate Monday through Friday, from 5:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Outside of these hours, the Express Lanes will be open to all vehicles at no charge and with no toll-tag requirements.
Need help finding a carpool to use the lanes for free (it only takes 2 to carpool): visit http://www.rideshare.511.org/
Coming from San Joaquin County or the Central Valley? Find a commute solution (a carpool partner, a vanpool) at https://mycommuteconnection.com/