Construct a new SR 4 bridge crossing over Balfour Road in Brentwood providing one southbound and one northbound lane for SR 4; northbound and southbound SR 4 loop on-ramps, servicing both westbound and eastbound Balfour Road traffic; and northbound and southbound SR 4 diagonal off-ramps.
- The final design is completed.
- Right of Way acquisition by the SR 4 Bypass Authority is nearing completion with the Kinder Morgan MOU executed.
- Utility Encasement Exception Request had been submitted to Caltrans for approval. The PG&E transmission towers have been relocated.
- Advance joint trench relocation work by AT&T, Comcast and PG&E is ongoing.
Issues/Areas of Concern
- The utility relocation schedule provides limited schedule contingency. The construction bid will include workarounds to minimize delay risk.
- Complications associated with the Kinder Morgan relocation agreement have delayed finalizing the right-of-way agreements and certification.
Update from Previous Quarterly Report
- Project is scheduled for advertisement in June/July 2016 pending Right-of-Way certification.
- Utility joint trench underground structure work west of SR4 is complete.
- The permit with California Department of Fish & Wildlife was revised.
- An amendment to East Contra Costa County Habitat contract 419 was approved by the board on June 15, 2016.