- Extend rail service eastward from the Pittsburg/Bay Point BART Station to Hillcrest Avenue within the median of SR 4.
- The project is in the construction phase and is being completed under multiple contracts managed by BART.
- The overall construction of the transfer platform (Contract 110) in the median is complete.
- The Hillcrest parking lot, maintenance shop building (shell) and improvements to Slatten Ranch Road (Contract 120) are complete.
- Contract 130, consisting of stations and maintenance facility finishes, track work and systems is underway.
Issues/Areas of Concern
Update from Previous Quarterly Report
- Work on the maintenance facilities is 95% complete.
- Track work in the median is 70% complete.
- Work on the signal system, finishing work, and train control systems is ongoing. Full access in the median has been provided to the BART contractor.
- The first train car is scheduled to be delivered to the maintenance facility in June 2016.