Upcoming construction activity for the Express Lanes on I-680 between Walnut Creek and San Ramon requires temporary, nighttime ramp closures. The construction activity will include the restriping of the lanes on I-680.
The ramp closures are scheduled to occur at night Wednesday, November 9 and Thursday, November 10, intermittently, from 8 p.m. through 5 a.m.
The following ramp closures are scheduled:
- The northbound Sycamore Valley Road off-ramp
- The southbound Sycamore Valley Road off-ramp
- The northbound Livorna Road off-ramp
- The southbound Livorna Road on-ramp
Only one direction of each of the off-ramps will be closed at one time. For example, if the northbound off-ramp is closed, the corresponding southbound off-ramp will not be closed, and vice versa.
- Northbound Sycamore Valley Road off-ramp: Continue on northbound I-680, exit at the Diablo Rd. off-ramp, head west on Diablo Rd., enter southbound I-680, and exit at the Sycamore Valley Rd. off-ramp.
- Southbound Sycamore Valley Road off-ramp: Continue on southbound I-680, exit at the Crow Canyon Rd. off-ramp, head east on Crow Canyon Rd., enter northbound I-680, and exit at the Sycamore Valley Rd. off-ramp.
- Northbound Livorna Road off-ramp: Continue on northbound I-680, exit at Rudgear Rd., head west on Rudgear Rd., enter southbound I-680, and exit at the Livorna Rd. off-ramp.
- Southbound Livorna Road off-ramp: Continue on southbound I-680, exit at Stone Valley Rd., head east on Stone Valley Rd., enter northbound I-680, and exit at the Livorna Rd. off-ramp.
What to Expect
- When traveling near construction activity
◦ Always use caution
◦ Be prepared to reduce speeds
◦ Follow posted signs
- In addition to the ramp closures, intermittent and alternating nightly closures will occur in the northbound and southbound directions in the lanes closest to the median, in the lane closest to the shoulder from Martinez to Dublin. Approved construction work hours are: Monday through Thursday from 8 p.m. – 5 a.m., Friday from 8 p.m. – 7 a.m., Saturday from 7 p.m. to 10 a.m.
- Construction crews will be present on some city streets during the day near I-680 from Martinez to Dublin with temporary and minor pedestrian detours to maintain public safety.
- Temporary k-rail, construction signage and orange plastic fencing will be present from Martinez to Dublin to maintain a safe work zone.
- Construction lighting will be present and directed away from residential areas.