Five intersections will be improved in the upcoming weeks as part of City of Oakley signal modernization project. Work is scheduled to start Monday, August 7th. These improvements includes the following items of work:
- Laurel Road & Empire Avenue – Video detection installation, creating of separate turn lanes, and striping improvements.
- Empire Avenue & West Cypress ‐ Illuminated street name sign installation.
- Main Street & Carol Lane – Signal modifications to install protected left turns from Carol Lane approaches.
- Main Street & East Cypress Road ‐ Video detection installation and striping improvements.
- O’Hara Avenue & Carpenter Road ‐ Signal modifications and striping improvements to install protected left turns from O’Hara Avenue approaches.
It is anticipated that this project will be completed by end of September.