Whether you’re a homeowner, tenant, or landlord, having pride in the community and pride in your home is the foundation of a great city. To facilitate and encourage this basic tenet, a great deal of Code Enforcement’s efforts are focused on educating residents and raising awareness on the importance of maintaining properties in order to protect property values, livability, and the quality of a neighborhood.
Though not all-inclusive, the following are some of the more common areas of concern Code Enforcement addresses and the expectations associated with each:
- Graffiti: Must be removed within 72 hours of notification.
- Inoperable Vehicles: Flat tires, missing parts, or vehicles sitting on jacks are not
permitted and must be removed from public view.
- Vehicle/RV/Boat Parking: Permitted on improved surfaces (cement/brick/pavers) in
most instances. Always apply for an encroachment permit before performing work
or expanding any parking area.
- Trash and Debris: Appliances, household items, materials kept out of public view.
- Garbage Service: Mandatory for all residents.
- Landscape Maintenance: Weeds and/or bare dirt are not acceptable. Grass must be
kept less than 8 inches in length. Weeds and dead brush must be removed and
bushes and trees may not encroach any sidewalk or street.
- Basketball Hoops/Ramps: Can be out as long as they are not blocking the street or
sidewalk. (Interferes with Street Sweepers and Emergency Vehicle access)
- RV’s/Campers/Sheds: Cannot be used as additional living quarters.
- Garbage Cans: Must be out of view (behind a fence or permanent structure EXCEPT
for the 24 hours prior to and after scheduled pickup.
Code Enforcement’s goal is to keep Oakley a healthy, safe, and beautiful place to live. With a population of over 40,000 and a staff of three we are counting on you to assist us by
reporting potential concerns. Our goal is to return every contact within one business day. To help us be more effective and ensure small concerns don’t become bigger issues, please
don’t hesitate to contact us. ALL REPORTS ARE ANONYMOUS.
You can reach us three different ways. Call us at 925-625-7031, email us at email@example.com , or visit our web site at http://www.ci.oakley.ca.us and click on the “Report a Concern” icon. Please be prepared to provide us with the address or street/crossstreet and details of the concern.