With racial equality being a hot-button issue in 2020 and Hispanic Heritage Month in full swing, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2020’s Most & Least Diverse States in America, as well as accompanying videos.
To determine where the most idea and identity exchanges have occurred at the highest level in the U.S. — and where the population is relatively more homogeneous — WalletHub compared the 50 states across six key categories: socio-economic, cultural, economic, household, religious and political diversity.
Diversity in California (1=Most Diverse, 25=Avg.):
- 12th – Income Diversity
- 2nd – Educational-Attainment Diversity
- 2nd – Racial & Ethnic Diversity
- 1st – Linguistic Diversity
- 24th – Birthplace Diversity
- 3rd – Industry Diversity*
- 16th – Worker-Class Diversity*
- 14th – Household-Type Diversity
- 2nd – Household-Size Diversity
*Includes civilian employed population aged 16 and older
For the full report, please visit: