Though already catastrophic this year, the height of fire season is typically in October when the heat of summer has dried out vegetation, and hot, dry Diablo winds from the east create dangerous fire conditions. Now is the time to be especially vigilant and work together to prevent wildfires.
WHAT VISITORS CAN DO:
- Refrain from smoking in the parks. Smoking and vaping are prohibited in all Regional Parks.
- Be aware of Red Flag Warnings, fire danger levels, and park fire safety rules. Abide by all posted or announced fire safety rules.
- If you see a fire in a park, call 911 immediately. Report the fire’s location, size, and direction of burn, if possible. If in a park, leave immediately for your safety.
- Practice situational awareness. Be alert for any potential fire hazards and report them.
- During a fire emergency, cooperate with all instructions and evacuation orders from firefighters, police, and park staff.