With the gambling industry bringing in record-breaking profits last year despite the COVID-19 pandemic, and the Kentucky Derby soon to kick off, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2022’s Most Gambling-Addicted States, as well as accompanying videos and expert commentary, along with its Kentucky Derby Facts & History infographic.
In order to call out the states where gambling addiction is most prevalent, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 20 key metrics. The data set ranges from the presence of illegal gambling operations to lottery sales per capita to the share of adults with gambling disorders.
Gambling Addiction in California (1=Most Addicted, 25=Avg.):
- 27th – Casinos per Capita
- 30th – Gaming Machines per Capita
- 26th – Lottery Sales per Capita
- 1st – Gambling-Related Arrests per Capita
- 1st – Legality of Daily Fantasy Sports
- 1st – Legality of Sports Gambling
For the full report, please visit: