Contra Costa County Public Works has responded to close several roads due to flooding, mudslides and other issues. Below is the current status of roads in unincorporated Contra Costa County:
- Marsh Creek Road is closed between Deer Valley Road & Morgan Territory Road due to continued rock and mudslides. Only residents are allowed in the area. Please take alternate routes to avoid this area.
- Morgan Territory Road is closed between 5477-5649 Morgan Territory Road due to mudslides. Only residents are allowed in the area.
- Deer Valley Road is closed to all traffic in both directions between Briones Valley Road and Marsh Creek Road due to a sinkhole. Please take alternate routes to avoid this area.
- Highland Rd is closed between Collier Canyon Rd & Carneal Rd due to rock/mudslides. Only local traffic is allowed through the area as crews work to clear the road.
Please avoid these areas and limit traveling during stormy weather, unless necessary, due to localized flooding, downed trees, and hazardous situations. Do not attempt to cross flooded roads- driving, riding of walking. We also advise residents to stay out of the creeks and flood control channels.
- Collection and reporting of rain and stream gauge data from District gauges
For winter storm preparedness tips & resources-including flood forecasting tools: www.contracosta.ca.gov/5906/Winter-Storm-Preparedness
County Public Works Maintenance crews are assessing all County sandbag stations and will replenish sand and sandbags in anticipation of future storm events. Sand & sandbags are free, please bring a shovel. To find your nearest sandbag station visit: www.contracosta.ca.gov/sandbags