The Planning Commission is tasked with:
- Deciding on all matters referred to by the Zoning Administrator, Parcel Maps (fewer than 5 parcels), Conditional Use Permits and Design Review (when not a Staff level approval).
- Making recommendations to the City Council on all proposed development agreements, zone changes, zoning text amendments, adoption or amendments to specific plans or the General Plan, and other legislative land-use matters.
- Periodically reviewing the Capital Improvement Program.
- Approving, adopting, or certifying environmental documents, to the extent required under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), for any matters for which the commission is the deciding body.
- For matters in which the Planning Commission acts as a recommending body, it shall make recommendations concerning any CEQA documents in conjunction with its recommendations concerning the merits of the proposed actions.
The City Council will appoint two Planning Commissioners, one to serve the remainder of a four-year term and the other to serve the remainder of a two-year term. Please keep in mind, the initial appointments required a staggered appointment of two and four-year terms.
Applications will be accepted until Friday, January 27, 2023 @ 5:00 PM. Appointment of the Commissioners is expected to take place at either the February 14th or February 28th City Council Meeting. Applicants are highly encouraged to attend as the City Council may have questions of applicants.
For additional information and applications to apply, please contact Community Development Director, Brent Smith at (925) 625-7004 or email@example.com. Those interested can also download the application by clicking here.