With rampant inflation making raising children much more costly than usual, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2023’s Best & Worst States to Raise a Family, as well as expert commentary.
To determine the best states in which to put down family roots, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 51 key indicators of family-friendliness. The data set ranges from the median annual family income to housing affordability to the unemployment rate.
Raising a Family in California (1=Best; 25=Avg.):
- 11th – % of Families with Young Children
- 42nd – Child-Care Costs (Adjusted for Median Family Income)
- 2nd – Infant-Mortality Rate
- 45th – Median Annual Family Income (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 35th – Violent Crimes per Capita
- 31st – % of Families in Poverty
- 50th – Housing Affordability
- 37th – Unemployment Rate
- 12th – Separation & Divorce Rate
- 13th – Percentage of Residents Aged 12+ Who Are Fully Vaccinated Against COVID-19
For the full report, please visit: